Puppy Adoption Questionnaire UpdatesBy Jennifer Stoeckl, MAT, Oct. 17, 2020
Today, Dire Wolf Project, Inc. staff updated the Puppy Adoption Questionnaire to include several new questions.
The idea of the initial Puppy Adoption Questionnaire is to be as thorough as possible in being able to discern the following from potential American Alsatian dog owners:
- Have the potential American Alsatian dog owners thought deeply about what it takes to raise a puppy to be well-mannered and obedient?
- Do potential American Alsatian dog owners understand that new puppies take training and special care to be productive family members?
- What type of a family are the potential American Alsatian dog owners and how do they operate on a day-to-day basis?
- Does the American Alsatian dog breed have what the family needs, so that the puppy can be placed in a home that is prepared for the type of dog it will grow up to become?
- Do potential American Alsatian dog owners understand that American Alsatian dogs are giant dogs that require certain lifestyles?
- What interests potential American Alsatian dog owners in the Dire Wolf Project and this particular breed, as opposed to other dog breeds?
Updates to the Puppy Adoption Questionnaire also included changing the sidebar to the right side of the screen, which allows the customer to see the questionnaire first when on a mobile device. Staff also made sure that all changes were within the questionnaire box, added an automatic email reply, updated the sent response, added a new back-up email address associated with the send button, and made sure the captcha functioned properly.
Dire Wolf Project, Inc is now moving to one central Puppy Adoption Questionnaire for all breeders. This means that all potential American Alsatian dog owners will now be directed to one location in order to begin the process of owning an American Alsatian dog. One of the last questions on the questionnaire is now "With which American Alsatian dog breeder would you like us to share your application?" This question is necessary in order to make sure that staff direct the potential American Alsatian dog owner to the correct breeder for the next steps of getting to know our community. The potential American Alsatian dog owner can choose to connect with any or all of the breeders they wish. It is our sole desire to help connect the right American Alsatian dog/puppy with the right family so that both are equally happy and secure with one another. The better we can work together to do that, the better the system works.
Jennifer Stoeckl is the co-founder of the Dire Wolf Project, founder of the DireWolf Guardians American Alsatian Dog Training Program, and owner/operator of DireWolf Dogs of Vallecito. She lives in the beautiful inland northwest among the Ponderosa pine forests with her pack of American Alsatian dogs.